Carla Sonheim who is a painter, illustrator, and creativity workshop instructor. Carla is known for her fun and innovative projects and techniques designed to help adult students rediscover a more spontaneous, playful approach to creating.
Carla is the author of three instructional art books, including:
- Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun
- Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals: A Mixed-Media Workshop and
- The Art of Silliness: A Creativity Book for Everyone.
In 2012 Carla co-authored Creative Photography Lab with her husband, Steve Sonheim. Steve and Carla offer online classes in drawing, painting and mixed media with a variety of talented teachers, and we’re eager to dive into Carla’s story.
- Carla’s story
- How Carla started creating art courses
- How her former publishing career helped her
- Turning art classes to art books
- Making money online with art classes
- How Carla and her husband became business partners
- Working with other art teachers
- How Carla created a business to support her lifestyle & health
- Using art to heal and work through clinical depression
- Carla’s future goal and vision for the next few years