We were super excited to have the chance to converse with today’s guest, CEO Geoff Woods, Vice President of The One Thing company, where Geoff gets to work directly with high-level mentors like Gary Keller, founder of the Keller Williams International Realty Company, and co-author—with Jay Papasan—of The One Thing book.
Geoff is also the host of The Mentee podcast where he interviews inspiring mentors, as a part of his own journey to surround himself with—and learn from—the best. Soon, he will become a mentor on that podcast and be replaced by other mentee hosts.
Geoff Woods is also a husband and father of two young children, residing in the booming entrepreneurial city of Austin, TX.
This episode takes an unexpected turn!
Tune in to learn:
- Geoff Woods story of how he went from 9-5 to a fulfilling entrepreneurial career
- A question Geoff’s mentor asked him that helped him grow his side hustle
- Mindset shift about how much time you have
- The ONE Thing break down
- About how you can make The One Thing work for you (and why you’ll want to)
- How creative people can learn to reign in and focus so they can produce more
- How LeAura inadvertently sent us on a collision course with one of Geoff’s infamous “hot seats”
- How Devani volunteered to be on that hot seat
- What Devani struggles with most that prevents her from achieving her next greatest level of growth
- You’ll witness the process Geoff skillfully leads Devani through that you can also use to discover your weak links and focus points
- How Geoff reminded LeAura (more than once!) of the importance of the silence… and discouraged jumping in to fill the void… in spite of this being on the audio podcast.
- The most downloaded podcast from The Mentee podcast where Susan Scott took Geoff Wood’s through the questioning process
- The lifestyle decision that was holding Geoff and The One Thing company back
- What Geoff learned from re-focusing on the One Thing he needed to make everything else easier
- Glean how to use The One Thing for each area of your life and how that can work
- The 7 most important areas to focus on in life
“What is the ONE thing you can do, such that by doing it everything will become easier or unnecessary?”
~The ONE Thing question
“People don’t decide their futures. They decide their habits, and their habits decide their futures.”
~F. M. Alexander
“Conversation is the relationship. If you want to evaluate the quality of a relationship look no further than the quality of the conversations.”
~ Susan Scott
Note from Devani: I missed several days of doing my journal and accountability mentioned in the session. So I started the 30 day period over. I’ll keep adding progress updates here. We may share an update in future Coffee Break sessions.