We’re working to publish these short “inbetweenisodes” called “Coffee Break” podcasts regularly on Wednesdays. Meanwhile, we’re practicing “just shipping”, over “perfection”.
So… please forgive the bit of background noise in the beginning… some doggie background noises from Caspian (onscreen), and Zeus, background agitator).
In this 11 minute session, we discuss:
- How to get going when you don’t feel motivated
- The role of habit in daily motivation
- How to integrate habits into your daily routine
- The role of accountability and motivation
- How to generate motivation even when you don’t feel like it
The best way to get motivated is to get moving. Don’t think. Just do the thing you’re resisting. As you tug at the knots of resistance around you, you grow stronger and each thing done frees up energy for you to do the next thing.
Most people spend more time resisting what they need to do. We all do this, but the sooner you become aware of when it is you’re doing it and turn that around, the sooner you’ll achieve your goals.
It’s hard to achieve your goals and pursue your dreams if you’re not motivated. The good news is that you don’t have to be naturally motivated. You can create habits that generate the motivation for you, until it becomes a natural state.
There is nothing more powerful than the habit of daily doing. So don’t wait for motivation to find you. If you have the habit of daily doing, you will not only find your motivation you will create it!
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~Jim Ryun, American olympic athlete
- Matthew Turner’s podcast – includes motivation tips
- Our favorite motivational podcasts
- 90 Day Goals Journal
- Join the iCreate Daily for Creator’s group